“ACCTV has been boldly proclaiming the gospel message 24/7 since Easter Sunday 1999. What a privilege from God to be serving Him through our media vision.” – Mike Jeffs
This Easter Sunday we are thrilled to be celebrating the 20th Anniversary of ACCTV (Australian Christian Channel). Twenty years ago God’s vision for our organisation became a reality.
It seemed an unlikely dream, but ACCTV was to become the first permanent 24hr Christian TV channel in Australia.
From mobile phones to television
Founded by Mike Jeffs, who had a vision for a family oriented, positive ‘good news’ television channel, his original business was not in TV but mobile phones.
From humble beginnings, he and his family developed ‘Network Communications’ in relationship with Optus, which has since grown to be a nationwide company with nearly 60 stores established all over the country. It is through this format of ‘Business as Mission’ that Mike was able to fund his dream for a tv channel (without the need of solicitation of donations) and so, ACCTV was born.
“I must confess I struggle in expressing the significance of this event and the many emotions associated with it. After many years of living in faith, sharing and speaking out Vision – God’s Vision for our Organisation has become a reality,” says Mike. “Oh, what a precious thing it is to be a part of a modern-day miracle,”
20 years of ACCTV
A lot has happened to ACCTV in the subsequent years, from successfully moving from one of the smallest distribution Pay TV channels to the biggest, airing on Optus Vision, Foxtel, and Austar and most recently to launching phone, tablet and smart-tv apps and satellite and an on-demand service making it now accessible not just via broadcast but to all Australians on a number of platforms with over 500,000 viewers per month.
Throughout all this tremendous growth ACCTV has achieved its original goal of becoming a trusted broadcaster of positive good news to Australians and is a leader in the world of Christian Broadcasting. It is true now that every Australian household as the ability to received ACCTV. At ACCTV we aim to be curators of good stories. Stories about hope, life and the things God is up to in the world. We want to inspire all Australians with the life-transforming good news of Jesus through engaging television. We take the statement ‘We Love Good TV’ to heart and believe that Good TV should be available for the whole family anywhere, anytime.
To discover more about the ACCTV story as the channel comes into its 21st year, tune in on Sunday the 21st April at 5:30 pm or 9:30 pm (AEST) for a special anniversary documentary presentation. (Also available on Catchup at ACCTV NOW)
It might be ACCTV’s birthday but viewers and fans are getting the presents. There are FIVE Superfan gift packs to win including a T-shirt, mug, bumper sticker, pencil, tote bag, a beautiful Eagle print by Artist Jess LeClerc, book and DVD pack. To win, simply comment below and tell us something you love about ACCTV. For another entry, share this article on your socials (and make sure you tag us so we can see!).
Terms and Conditions for the ‘ACCTV 20 Year Superfan’ Book Giveaway.
1. Information on how to enter this competition forms part of the terms and conditions. Entry is open to Australian residents, 18 + only. No responsibility is accepted for late, lost or misdirected entries. Entries that are not genuine are incomplete, or ineligible will be declared void. Entry is via terms posted on the competition page on the Australian Christian Channel website only.
2. Winners will be notified by an email to the email account supplied with the entry.
3. Entries for the ‘ACCTV 20 Year Superfan’ giveaway opens 16/04/19 and closes at 11.59pm AEST on the 26/04/19. Entries will be judged and winners notified within 72 hours of the competition end date at the Australian Christian Channel. Winners will be notified by email. If you do not wish to accept this prize or do not claim this prize within 90 days, the prize will be awarded to the next winner (as decided by the Australian Christian Channel).
4. The promoter (Australian Christian Channel) accepts no responsibility for any variation in prizes. The prize consists of a T-shirt, mug, bumper sticker, pencil, tote bag, an Eagle print by Artist Jess LeClerc, book and DVD pack. Prizes are non-transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash.
5. The promoter (Australian Christian Channel) and all related bodies corporate, officers, employees and agents shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for personal injury suffered or sustained, as a result of accepting the prizes, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
6. The winner’s prize will be mailed out to the address provided upon entry unless otherwise notified by the promoter. Please allow up to seven business days for the prize delivery. The promoter accepts no responsibility for the lost or undelivered prizes. One month after the publication of the winner’s name, all claims for prizes by those published winners will be void.