Ok. So Mother’s Day is just around the corner. It’s crept up on you like it does every year. Suddenly you realise it’s Friday, and your week has just been so busy you haven’t even had thought of what to get your darling mumsy. Well relax because we’ve got you covered. From the traditional bouquet of flowers, to something a little more adventurous, we’ve got 10 ideas for those of you who dearly love your mum.
1. Buy her some flowers. Ok, ok. We know it’s not super original, but it’s a classic for a reason. Flowers can brighten anyone’s day and will make mum feel like a queen. Why not check out our friend on insta, Little Duck Botanicals, for some creative ideas for a beautiful bloom to bless your mum with. @littleduckbotanicals.
2. Get her a Red Balloon Voucher. Red Balloon is the ultimate go to place for gift ideas and experiences. Book Mum in for anything from a 3 hour barista course all the way through to a 5 session trapeze workshop. Head to their website to see all of their Mother’s Day specials. http://bit.ly/1LzUcrO
3. Sign Up for A Jewellery Making Class. We all know diamonds are a girl’s best friend. So why not sign your mum up for a jewellery making class. TAFE runs courses all over the country so here’s a chance for your mum to brush up on some skills or learn a new one. http://bit.ly/2pifuou
4. Make her breakfast. There’s nothing better than waking up to an amazing home cooked brekky. And if you want to get really fancy, make her breakfast in bed! Or if cooking really isn’t your thing, take her out! She’ll love it. For those with little ones although the cold toast and crumb ridden tea is a lovely thought, why not get the kiddos to help help with some simple ideas like a fruit salad, eggs, and coffee! Check out this page for some delicious and nutritious, autumn inspired recipes. http://bit.ly/2qZNLGe
5. Take her to a movie. We hear ‘The Shack’ and ‘The Case for Christ’ are really good. Check out our website for your chance to win a double pass for ‘The Shack,’ or watch our movie review for ‘The Case For Christ,’ and see if it’s something that tickles your fancy. Alternatively, if mum prefers a quiet night in, you could always watch our Mother’s Day classic ‘Mother’s Day Off’. Nothing like a bit of quality time in front of the TV! https://acc.tv/theshack
6. Go for a hike.Whether you’re a novice hiker or have trekked through the Himalayas, there are trails for everybody. Get outside, and get active with your mum. Enjoy the beautiful scenery and some quality time away from the busyness of life. http://bit.ly/1o41aDA
7. Treat her to a spa session. All mums deserved to be pampered. Sometimes they don’t think to treat themselves, so here’s your chance to make her feel a bit more special with a massage, facial, or pedicure. She’ll feel relaxed and renewed…which could also be to your benefit. Groupon has some great deals running especially for mum, so make sure to get one now! http://bit.ly/2qplI66
8. Buy her customised artwork. You can get your mum a gift that’s sure to be a winner because you can stylise it for your own family. Mums love the sentimental stuff, and this gift is sure to show that you put in quality time and effort. It’s the thought that counts, but this one won’t dissappoint. Check out Maggiesneedle on Etsy, and customise your own family portrait that will warm mum’s heart. http://etsy.me/2q4mGSi
Our dear friend, Jessica LeClerc is a Sunshine Coast based artist who has an eye for all things drawing and painting. Whether you prefer portraits or animal shots, Jess has got them all. Head over to her website where shipping is FREE for order over $100. https://www.jess.art
9. Just be with her. All some mums want is some quality time to make them feel loved. Do the things she loves to do. Eat her favourite foods. Ask her how she’s doing. There’s nothing like spending some good ole quality time with your mum to make her feel extra special love.
10. Write her a letter. The days of snail mail being king might be dead, but you can bring it back this Mother’s Day. It’s a thoughtful and cost effective way to show mum how much you love and care for her. So go on, pick up your pen and put down in words how much you love your mum!
Lastly… If you’re on a budget no worries! How about something seemingly simple but hugely impactful: cleaning the house, emptying the dishwasher, cleaning the bathroom. Or, if your mum is on social media, write a beautiful post and include a photo of her or better yet, you and her.